Metabolic London Terms & Conditions
1. The terms and conditions apply to 100 Club Founder Membership, Monthly Unlimited and Corporate Membership options. Membership will commence from the date of payment and will recur on a monthly basis for a period of 3 months.
2. If you are paying by direct debit, your signature on the credit-card or debit-card form authorises us to use that card to take the monthly payment if we do not receive your direct-debit payment for any reason. If you fall behind with your membership fees and this is not caused by a bank error, we may charge reasonable administration fees or suspend or cancel your membership and we may pass your details to a debt-collection company to recover any outstanding payments.
3. We may decide to increase our membership fees, but your fees will not increase in your initial term of membership (unless you do not provide ID for a membership type that requires it). We will give you one month’s notice of any fee change. If you pay your membership fees as a lump-sum payment, we will only review your membership fees when your membership is due for renewal.
4. You can cancel your membership within 14 days of joining and we will refund any membership fees you have paid as long as we receive your cancellation notice within this time frame.
5. If you pay your membership fees upfront in one single lump sum, your membership will automatically end at the end of the initial term unless you choose to renew it.
6. If you pay your membership fees monthly by direct debit, your membership will automatically continue at the end of the initial term unless you give us one full calendar month’s notice to end it. (You can give one month’s calendar notice to end your contract on the last day of the initial term.) If your contract rolls over after the initial term, you can end your membership by giving us one full calendar month’s notice. You must pay your full membership rate during your month’s notice. Example: You give notice to end your membership contract on any day in April, but your full calendar month’s notice will not start until 1 May and you will leave on 31 May (your final payment will be for the month of May).
7. You can ask to cancel your membership and give us notice by providing your membership details: in person, by calling 07801 271 642, or by emailing email@example.com. We will send or give you confirmation once we have processed your cancellation. This could be by email or letter, depending on how you tell us you want to cancel your membership. Please tell us if you do not receive this. You are responsible for cancelling your direct debit once we have processed your cancellation and any payments relating to notice periods have been taken. We are entitled to keep any membership fees we receive if you have not cancelled your direct debit instruction with your bank and you have not given us valid notice to cancel your membership.
8. You can also cancel your membership if we seriously break these terms and conditions. We can cancel your membership if: you have seriously broken any terms of this contract; you do not pay any fee or charge within seven days of the date it was due, and we have written to you and given you a further 14 days to pay (so the fee or charge is more than 21 days late); If the gym permanently closes we will refund any membership fees you have paid upfront for a period of membership that has not yet been completed, or for any other reason if we consider it necessary to end your contract.
9. Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all club facilities and reading club signs, and agree to keep to the conditions in the Health Commitment Statement, which is available at the front desk. 9. We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property you bring onto our premises which happens while the property is not locked away in a locker. The maximum compensation we will pay for any loss, damage or theft to property is limited to a total amount of £500 (for any one incident) if the loss, damage or theft is caused by the negligence of Metabolic London.